3.21.2009

Mini World Changers

Last weekend Hannah and I went to Summerville,SC (near Charleston) with our youth group. We went to Mini World Changers which is where about 7-10 churches come and stay at a church and do service to the community. We even had to sleep in the church--not so comfortable! In my group, there were only 3 people from my church, including me! Hannah and I painted a house deep in the woods and and rake the never-ending pile of leaves! One thing that was really neat was that the people we worked for had lived in their little house in the woods since 1981. In their back shed, they had Coca-Cola and Pepsi bottle from the 80s! They let us keep them and so now there is one on our kitchen counter (which is probably notwhere it is supposed to be...)
After coming back from MWC, I was REALLYtired! At school the next day, math was really boring...as usual. I didn't realize how long I had shut my eyes until my math teacher pointed it out to the whole class (just a little embarrassing)! I had SO many projects, quizzes, and tests this week, nice way to start back school right:
-2 Math tests, Spanish test, and Social Studies test.
-Vocab quiz and
-1 project in English and in leadership (the most pointless class in the WORLD. Don't take it unless your forced!!)
It may not seem like a lot, but it is! But SpRiNg BrEaK is just around the corner!! About 1-2 more weeks!! Woo-Hoo!!
Well, I'll post back soon!

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

An update!!!!!!! That mini world changers thing sound really fun. Sorry about all your school work. Hope you get it done and have an amazing spring break!!!!!!!!

Angie said...

You know that the 80's really wasn't THAT long ago!! LOL Of course, I am sure that to you, it must seem like studying ancient history!

Glad you and Hannah had fun!