5.10.2009

Washington, DC Trip!

I had a terrific trip to DC last week!! I went to the Pentagon, Washington Monument, Lincoln and Jefferson Memorial, the Capitol (and saw John McCain 20 feet away for me), Arlington Cemetery, the outside of the White House, and the Holocaust Museum. Washington Monument--really big! 500 ft. tall!! And I had to go on an ELEVATOR!!
Me in front of the White House. Yea, that's my house!
The amazing Library of Congress that doesn't let you in the Library part unless you're 16 and have a library card. But it was so amazing and really reminded me of National Treasure. Too bad there isn't really a book for the Presidents. The Capitol also reminded me of National Treasure.

Washington was amazing and I wish my computer wasn't so slow or else I would upload every photo I took! lol! It's nice to be back home though, just not school. I'll post later!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a TON of fun! Ever since I went to DC in 6th grade I've always wanted to go back! We went to the Pentagon, Washington Memorial (it was under construction so we didn't get to go inside), Lincoln and Jefferson and WWII memorials, Arlington (one of my favorite places!),Library of Congress (we didn't get to go inside either), and the Air and Space Museum. I'd like to go back and see some of the other museums and, of course, the White House!! Glad you had a great time!

Sarah said...

That sounds like soooooooooo much fun! Happy Birthday!

Katie said...

Thanks Sarah!! One thing I forgot to mention was that we also went to the National History and Air and Space Museum. It was so much fun!!