Last week was amazing! Hannah, Brett, and I went to Tazewall, Virginia with our youth group. A lot more people showed up than I thought, only a little less than Mini World Changers. We stayed at Bluefield College and I roomed with my friend Amanda.
On Thursday (we left Wednesday), Brett and I painted the inside of a school building. We got put on the same team. It was kinda embarrassing though, because I kept spilling paint on the floor. But using the paint roller was fun. On Friday, I got up at 5:00 to go make breakfast for all the students. I stirred grits for 1 1/2 hours straight! We painted again and then in the afternoon we had a free car wash. I have always wanted to stand on the side of the road and scream, "FREE CAR WASH STRAIGHT AHEAD AT ADVANCED AUTO PARTS!!!!" while watching the ignoring faces drive past me, trying to avoid reading the signs everyone held. Yeah, definitely fun. Then on Saturday I got up and made breakfast again. We clean up a lot. I was constantly washing dishes from the food being made. Yeah, I washed dishes while Hannah baked cakes. Fair? Just kidding, the dishes hardly had anything on them. Anyway, it was a long drive home because of all the traffic and my ipod was almost dead! Horrifying, right? Just kidding.
It was an AWESOME trip! I really hope they do something like that again next year. Well, Rebekah's party is only about 1 day away! I can't wait!!! Haven't seem them since spring break! That is WAY too long to be separated from your best friends!! :)
Hopefully I'll have some good pics to update!! Until then, bye! :D
Amy & Sheldon's Save the Date from Shutterfly
12 years ago
1 comments:
That sounds like so much fun (well all except waking up at 5:00 lol) I can't wait to see you and Hannah tommorrow we're going to have an awesome time!
Post a Comment